1. Paul ravaged the church, sending many Christians to their death (1 Corinthians 15:9).
2. Peter denied Jesus (Luke 22:54-62).
3. Judas, thief, betrayed Jesus to the authorities (Matthew 26:14-16).
4. Simon, a believer, in love with recognition (Acts 8:18-24).
5. Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11).
6. Diotrephes asserted himself as the head of a church (3 John 1:9-10).
7. Herod the king, had all male children 2 and under killed (Matthew 2:16-18).
8. Herod the Tetrarch had John the Baptist killed (Matthew 14:1-10).
9. Pontius Pilate had Jesus scourged and crucified (Matthew 27:24-26).
10. King Herod Agrippa had James the Apostle killed (Acts 12:1-2).
Things to Know:
- A number of sinners had a part to play in God’s overall plan of salvation
- God can use any situation to fulfill His purposes.
- No one is an evil robot, all of these people made a choice to do evil.