1. As a Christian, you are to change from the way the world thinks, in its lust for pleasure, status, money, and power, to the way God wants you to think. (Romans 12:2, Romans 8:6, 12:16, 1 Corinthians 14:15, Ephesians 2:3, 4:23, Philippians 1:27, 2:2-3, Colossians 3:2, Hebrews 10:16). You can see the “mind” is especially important in the life of a Christian.
2. Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him, (1 John 2:15). The love we have as Christians is God-focused not world-focused. (1 John 2:16-17) The world is passing away and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God will abide forever.
3. Christians are through with finished society of the world, though we have to live in the world. We have spent enough of our life chasing the worldly pleasures. (1 Peter 4:3-5).
4. God commands Saints to be holy people. (1 Peter 1:15-17).
5. Saints must act as priests giving sacrifice and praise to the Father. (1 Peter 2:4-10).
6. Christians are to put away ungodliness. (1 Peter 2:1-2, Colossians 3:8-10, Ephesians 4:21-31, 1 Thessalonians 4:7).
7. Disciples, Saints, are to mature through, or by, God’s word. (Hebrews 6:1-2, 2 Peter 1:3-11, 2 Peter 3:18).
8. Christians are to note those who cause divisions or who refuse to do right. (Romans 16:17-18, 2 Thessalonians 3:6-12).
9. The forgiven must forgive just as Christ also forgave. (Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:13 ).
10. Christians must work out their issues with each other. (Matthew 18:15-17, Philippians 4:2, Colossians 3:13, Romans 12:17-21).