1. Dark is bad. The Apostle Paul’s job was to turn people from the darkness of sin to the Light of salvation. (Acts 26:18).
2. People were in darkness and the shadow of death until Jesus. (Matthew 4:16).
3. The evil one blinds unbelievers so they may not see the light of the gospel. (2 Corinthians 4:4).
4. Even though Jesus came into the world as the Light, sinners want the darkness to hide their sins. (John 3:19-21).
5. Light and dark cannot mix. (2 Corinthians 6:14).
6. A Christian’s battle is with the forces of darkness. (Ephesians 6:12).
7. We can’t have fellowship with Jesus if we practice darkness [sin]. (1 John 1:6).
8. The way of the wicked is like deep darkness. (Proverbs 4:19).
9. Hearts can be darkened by foolishness and sin. (Romans 1:21).
10. Those without the Light have a futile mind, their understanding is darkened, and they are excluded from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart. (Ephesians 4:17-18).