1. God created man and woman to be one flesh until death. (Mark 10:8-10).
2. Thou shalt not commit adultery. (Exodus 20:14).
3. Some people have eyes full of adultery. (2 Peter 2:14).
4. Under the Law of Moses adultery was punishable by death and death by stoning. God must be really serious about this.
5. The only God-given reason for divorce was for sexual immorality by one of the partners. (Matthew 5:32).
6. Adultery, impurity, fornication and a host of sins will keep one from heaven and that means hell forever.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
7. God’s wrath will fall on the disobedient. (Colossians 3:5-6).
8. Adultery is a sin against God. (Genesis 39:7-9).
9. Jesus says whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery and if she divorces her husband and marries another man commits adultery. (Mark 10:11-12).
10. For as much as God hates divorce forgiveness can be found. (Malachi 2:16, John 8:1-11).